York Conservation Trust Sustainability Policy
York Conservation Trust is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and we are guided by the promotion and execution of environmentally friendly process and procedures in reducing our carbon footprint.
We base our approach and activities, as far as possible, on sustainable and environmentally mindful usage of materials:
We always aim to:
- Minimise waste by continually evaluating our operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the careful selection and use of materials and technology.
- Actively use and promote recycling, and the use of recycled and managed materials both internally and amongst our tenants, suppliers and trades people.
- Source and promote product ranges to minimise the environmental impact of both production, distribution, use and disposal of materials.
- Meet or exceed all environmental legislation that relates to our sector.
- Save energy with ‘auto’ switch off equipment.
Minimise road miles and encourage use of public transport.
- Use of VoIP, e.g. Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams for meetings, and training when appropriate and possible.
- Use renewable energy and offset our carbon footprint whenever and wherever possible.
- Be a leading advocate for the sustainable management of heritage buildings in the UK.